On our tour you will explore one of Cape Town's most iconic shorelines.
You can look forward to seeing the seal sanctuary, marine life and
Chapman’s Peak from shore.
Marine life that you might encounter while kayaking:
Seals, Penguins, Dolphins, Whales and Sunfish... just to name a few.
KAYAK TOUR COST
01 | Guided Kayaking Tour - R400 pp
02 | Guided Kayaking Tour + GoPro Rental - R650 pp
DAILY KAYAK TOURS MONDAY - SUNDAY*
09:00 - 11:30 // 12:00 - 14:30 // 15:00 - 17:30
10:00 - 12:30 // 12:30 - 15:00
* SAFETY FIRST. The trip is weather dependent. Weather assessed on day as activity cannot be performed in dangerous or bad weather.
See cancelation policy below.
- Meetup Location Kayak Adventures inside Captain Jack's booking office at Hout Bay Harbour
- Short training session
- Let's go kayaking!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Age restriction: Min age is 10 unless accompanied by an adult
- Passengers per Kayak: max 2 per kayak. But you do not need a partner to kayak with us.
- Dress Code: Casual - Beach. Bring jacket or warm top. Clothes might get wet.
- Bring your swimwear and a towel
- Water temp varies from 10°C to 16°C
- The trip is weather dependent. Weather assessed on day as activity cannot be performed in dangerous or bad weather.
- Lifejackets provided
- If you are prone to motion sickness - we recommend you take motion sickness tablets before the trip
- Must sign waiver
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I have never kayaked before. Can I join?
Yes. This activity is perfect for beginners and experienced kayakers. The water is calm and you will always have a guide close by to assist.
Can I leave the group and kayak on my own?
Unfortunately not. We recommend that you always stay within 100m of the group.
Do I need to be able to swim?
No. But it is recommended in case of emergency. You will be wearing a lifejacket.
Will I get wet?
Yes. You will get a little wet.
Do you do private guided tours?
Yes. We do private tours for a min of 4 people. Great for a private birthday excursion, family outing or office team building.
Cancellation by client within 48 hours 50% fee charged.
Cancellation by client within 24 hours or no-show full fee charged.
Cancellation by client prior 48 hours 10% admin fee charged.
If we cancel because of unsafe weather, we try to do that 24 hours before arrival. Full refund will be given, it will take -/+ 7 working days to complete. Kayak Adventures covers all bank charges.